Skincare essentials | The Ordinary, La Roche Posay & Aloe vera

10:41 pm


These are my go-to products when it comes to maintaining healthy skin while also targeting problem areas. Taking care and I mean actual care of your skin i.e. having a routine is vital. With that being said there is only so much you can do to the overall external appearance of your skin yet a slight change in your water intake or your diet has a noticeable impact. 



If you guys have been following my skincare routine for a while then you know I am constantly on the hunt for new products that could potentially be part of my skincare routine. Oils or serums are a must in prepping my skin for moisturiser and makeup. Previously I was using the Vitamin E oil from the BodyShop and fell in love with how it improved the appearance of my skin but after finishing it I quickly found an alternative. Not only is bio oil moisturising, it also fades acne scars overtime and leaves the skin feeling plump and not greasy or heavy. It is incredibly lightweight and you only need the smallest amount. 



Aloe vera gel has more purposes that I can count on both my hands but here's a few things I like to use it on: my face for reducing redness as well as inflammatory skin as well as my arms and legs after I've shaved to prevent any irritation. People tend to also use it as a moisturiser but as someone whose skin is heavily accustomed to thicker moisturisers it simply does not make the cut. 



Again, I have typed on and on about this product and the quick yet effective impact it has on my skin when it is particularly spot-prone. I have no idea as to what is in this but it works regardless, I love putting a little on after moisturiser in the morning or just before I'm winding down for the day and getting ready for bed. 



Last but not by any means the least a product I was only introduced to over the summer and is almost 3/4 through. This salicylic acid solution from the Ordinary is yet another product great for targeting problem areas. The only downside to this product is that it can increase your skin sensitivity and so it is only to be used on problem areas specifically and not all over. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments