My 20 minute face of makeup for when you're running late or just plain lazy...

11:33 am


A few years ago I would probably spend 45 minutes to almost an hour on my makeup and you must be thinking 'damn that's a LOT of time' and sure it was but now I spend a little less only because I'm using fewer products that pretty much have the same end result, that or I'm rushing for work or uni. But that is not to say I don't love spending 1 hour + getting ready for weddings and days out when I actually want to spend a little time on myself. So here's my quick little 'slap on a few products with a brush' and face the day look


When it comes to moisturising I always reach for an oil first whether it's Bio-oil or Vitamin 'e' oil as much as you hear 'oh you shouldn't use oil because you have oily skin bs' use what works for you & you only! I then follow up with my one & only Nivea creme and then any spot treatment I am using, I'll rotate between this salicylic acid from the Ordinary or the La Roche Posay effaclar Duo+ or even a little aloe vera gel. 


This heatwave has also pushed me to minimise my makeup routine to the point where I'll just be wearing powder for my base but if I want a little more coverage then I'll use a little concealer. As it's summer and we Brits want to milk the 'bronzed goddess' or the 'I've been on holiday' look as much as we can I sweep a little bronzer across my cheeks, temples & the bridge of my nose. I've also been crushing over this pink-gold blush from Kiko along with a generous amount of highlighter. 


I can never not curl my lashes just because curling my lashes is my equivalent to wearing mascara, I do not wear mascara or any eye-makeup daily only because of the amount of effort it takes to remove it. However, if I do want a longer & more defined lashes then I'll reach for this Kiko long-eyes mascara, trust me 1 coat and you're good! 

Lastly lips, usually it's just Carmex & go but I love wearing brighter pinks and the occasional nude during the summer. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments