Reflection | 2016

2:25 pm


It's a little overwhelming to take in the fact that I've been blogging for 2 years now. Yes it's been 2 years since I took the plunge & launched my blog! I still pinch myself every once in a while when seeing the amount of people reading my blog. From France to Singapore to Germany the list is endless and I couldn't thank you guys enough for every click, every pageview and like, it means the absolute world! I've been able to collaborate and work with brands I had only dreamed about and yet there I was taking photos for them. This years been incredible not only blog-wise but in general I mean I got the grades needed for me to study Law at University and that was a huge thing for me. Here's my annual reflection and my guide to you through the months of 2016. 


- January 
The month I experienced a little blogging-block but thank god 2017 is already going pretty well because consistency is key! I can't wait to share with you guys all the things I have planned along with collaborations & fingers crossed even more. 


- February 
I was given an amazing opportunity to work with ReCover Cosmetics and review their concealer along with being able to host my very first giveaway which was a huge milestone. It was crazy to see how many of you entered too!



- March 
This was definitely the month or year to be quite honest I learnt how to take proper 'flatlays' if that's the correct word to use, just better photos in general. I mean if you were to scroll right back to my first few blog posts then you'll know that I've come a far far way. 



- April 
One of the most stressful months, I always feel like the month before exams is a lot more stressful than the month you're actually doing your exams just because you regret not revising earlier or you regret not making notes. Anyone else or is that just me?



- May 
This month last year was when I went MIA for a whole month because of exams, Ramadhan and then family matters too. Hopefully this year will be different! 



- June 
Another collaboration with LYDC which was really fun because I got the chance to share their colourful faux leather pouches with you guys. 



- July 
Eid was probably the highlight of this month as I got to spend it with wonderful company, my family! It was also the month I started doing more travel related posts which continued onto the coming months. 



- August 
This was the most nerve-racking month mainly because of Results day but it was also my birthday month and the month I did the most travelling which was incredible to say the least. Results day was a couple days after my birthday and so the build up to it was more anxious than usual but Alhamdulillah I got better grades than I expected (I got AABD for all those wondering). 



- September 
The month the holidays came to an end and college started again which meant the 'back to school series' returned for a 2nd year on my blog. September is always a bit of an awkward month because you start school, college or university again but it's never full-on work until October. 



- October 
I did a Amazon haul on my blog which seemed to go down a storm with more pageviews on that post than I originally anticipated. 



- November 
All I can say about November is that it was a kind of 'two birds with one stone' as I collaborated with not one but 2 companies this month which were 'Zidouri Clothing' and 'Eventbrite' which was unbelievable. 



- December 
A las the last month of 2016 and also the Christmas holidays. We took another trip to London in celebration for my sisters 20th birthday which was so fun! From Winter Wonderland to Harrods and then dining at Meat&Co which was so delicious! 

This year has been even more incredible than the last, more memories were made, more tears wept and lots more laughter! 2017 has already started out as a great year and I expect it to be no less than 2016. 

Instagram | Twitter | BlogLovin' 

You Might Also Like

0 comments