Beauty Favourites | 2016

12:40 pm


Am I sad that 2016 is over? To be quite frank I'm not! I'm glad it's over because it means that there's bigger & better things coming and not just with my blog but in general. I did one of these last year and it went down pretty well, so here's another beauty favourites 2016 edition where I've picked the products I've been loving all year round. 


+ Bronze & Glow from W7 cosmetics 

This has been a key staple in my makeup collection, I use it literally everyday and if not then I'm using my Sleek Contour Kit in 'light'. I only use the bronzer from here I'm not a huge fan of the highlight because for me it just blends in with my face and doesn't really work as a highlighter. I've already hit pan and I can't wait to repurchase it, this is definitely a cooler bronzer than your average tan/ orange one making it great for contour. I've mentioned it in a ton of blog posts like here, here and here


+ Vitamin E overnight Serum 

I know I didn't exactly start using this at the start of 2016 but after kindly receiving the Vitamin E skincare range from The BodyShop I haven't stopped using it! The Serum in particular, it's great for an overnight treatment that really hydrates your skin but I also use it alongside my makeup as a base for my moisturiser and it works wonders! I've talked about it before & it's one of my skincare essentials


+ Contour & Highlight brushes 

These two brushes have been my go-to, despite them both being incredibly large they're great for contour and highlight. The large bronzer brush really allows you to build up your bronzer and blends it out too so it doesn't looked like a huge orange streak across your face. The same goes for the fan brush which is unbelievably soft despite washing it over 100 times, both of which have been mentioned in previous posts


+ Rose Water Facial Spray 

I think deep down we all knew this was going to make it into my beauty favourites for 2016 I mean I use this every single day even when I'm not wearing makeup. I use it on my face before makeup, I use it to set my makeup and I also use it to make my products more pigmented. The list is endless for it's purposes you can use it to thin your foundation or make it more dewy, its just great! 


+ Collection Clear Brow Gel 

I didn't realise how much I needed this product until after purchasing it and incorporating it into my everyday makeup. Now the one in the photo is a Technic clear brow gel because my Collection one just ran out but this is just as good. It's great for the messy brow look or the really tamed look for when I actually want to make an effort with my brows. It's great, hence it being featured in a load of blog posts


+ MAC Taupe 

This has been my go-to for my lips this past year it just works! Although it is a matte lipstick unlike other matte formulas, this one doesn't dry out your lips or accentuate the dry patches it glides right over. The colour is gorgeous just to begin with but it can also be built up or paired with a lip liner to darken or lighten the overall colour. 


+ The BodyShop 'White Musk' Eau De Toilette 

At first I didn't quite like the scent of this but after a while it grew on me. It's a really rosy yet musky fragrance that's incredibly refreshing. As it is such a light fragrance you can get away with spraying more than you usually would with an Eau de Parfum. The bottle is also really gorgeous with a pink frosted front for that matte effect. 


+ Sleek Contour Kit in 'Light' 

The only reason I've mentioned this trio is because of the blush, not only is this blush beyond beautiful but also it creates a wonderful glow because of the flecks of gold in the blusher. Since trying out the Mai Couture blushes which are super dewy I found this one to be a great powder alternative. You can pop a little on for a rosy look or build it up to create a really flushed pink look. 


+ Topshop Cream Gold eye stick

I love using this for a quick look just pack it on to the eyelid directly and blend it out for an effortless look. It's super gold and metallic making it great for all year round if I'm honest as it's perfect for the summer season when you want to experiment a little with cream products or even the winter season for when metallics are all the rage


+ Focallure Glitter eyeshadow Palette 

This has been my favourite palette for this year despite only getting it halfway through this year. You can create a wide range of looks from something dusty pink and matte to something electric red and metallic. I adore the size of this palette because it's so small you can just throw it in your bag with a ton of other makeup. My favourite shades have to be the bright oranges and reds along with the matte dusty pinks. 

Instagram | Twitter | BlogLovin' 

You Might Also Like

0 comments