Back to School Series

2:41 pm

DIY GEOMETRIC DIVIDERS 



From my 'Stationary Haul' you guys know I picked up a pack of the Wilko Kraft dividers. So I did a DIY on them in hope to revamp them by adding a geometric and metallic touch. Follow the steps below to create your very own 'Geometric Dividers'. 





For this DIY you will need some dividers, these can be whatever colour you want. You'll also need paint of your choice, paint brushes and some washy tape or masking tape and a pair of scissors. 





You want to start by cutting several pieces of washy tape these can be whatever length you want. I went for small and longer pieces, by varying the length of the tape you are varying the shape of the triangle created. Then all you have to do is stick the washy tape in triangular shapes across the divider. 




Here's the fun part, now you get to paint! I chose black and a metallic copper coloured paint to make it really stand out. You can choose whichever colours and however many colours you want. Make sure you brush paint towards the edges of the triangles to make sure the paint is evenly distributed.


This is probably the most boring part aka 'the wait'. You want to make sure all the paint is dried before you continue. After it's all dried slowly start peeling the washy tape off. Don't pull at it as it may ruin your divider. 


Voila here's your finished product, I made a few of them I couldn't get over how simple yet stunning they looked. I hope you guys enjoyed this quick DIY for my Back to School Series and be sure to comment what else you would like me to do! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments