DIY Vintage Floral Hand Choker

9:41 am


I've really been in to bracelets this month so I thought what better way to show my love than to recreate one & share this DIY with you guys! You see a lot of neck chokers in high-street stores but not many bracelet chokers so I thought I'd make one. Blush & Nude shades have really been bang on trend this year so that's where my inspiration comes from . . .


So for this DIY you will need: 
+a pair of scissors 
+jewellery pliers 
+a pencil
 +a ruler
+charms of your choice
+suede or velvet-like fabric
+gold clasps and jump-rings
+a needle
+thread matching your fabric
 +lastly 2 box clasps 


You want to start by measuring the width of the fabric so it matches the width of the box clasps. Use your ruler and pencil and mark out the desired width (oh and make sure you do this on the reversed side of the fabric). Once you have done that start cutting out the strip of fabric by following the lines. 


You then want to attach your box clasps on to your fabric strip with your pliers, you also want to press firmly on to the ends to secure it properly to prevent it from coming loose. 


Now this is my favourite part because you get to customise & choose your charms. I chose this four petalled vintage flower pendent which went perfectly with the theme I intended for. 


You then want to stitch your pendent on to your fabric strip or you can opt to hot-glue it down using a hot-glue gun. I stitched my down just so it was more secure, you can't really see it in this photo but I promise you I did ;). 


I hope you guys enjoyed this DIY, I love making jewellery and sharing my creations with you guys so if you have any requests for future blog posts & DIY's then leave them in the comments down below! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments