My current law ramblings

3:18 pm


 1) New job 

I recently secured a new job as a paralegal at a well known law firm and have found it fascinating how different it is compared to working for a smaller high-street firm. Nonetheless, the experience has been eye-opening and has been super beneficial. My only gripe is it has left me utterly confused as practising commercial law is looking incredibly appealing.

2) Another Secret Barrister book finished 

I have finished reading 'Nothing but the truth' by the Secret Barrister and I have to confess this might be my favourite from the trio. I began to appreciate the honesty from the author of the harsh realities faced by criminal pupil barristers as well as those who have been practising for decades. Yet, this still has not halted me as my passion for criminal law continues to grow deeper. 

3) Pupillage 1st interviews 

After applying for pupillage earlier this year, I found myself being offered 1st interviews at some of the chambers which was an amazing opportunity and it is something I will continue to be grateful for. However, when attending a networking event led by a chambers, I found myself with a group of people who were also equally befuddled as to why numerous people with outstanding experience had not been awarded pupillage. The sheer competitiveness and the absolute lack of diversity at the Bar will always be the mysterious duo that continues to weed people out of the profession. I could go on about this for an eternity, and maybe I will write up a post detailing my experience with pupillage applications this year but for now I will stop here. 


Instagram 


You Might Also Like

0 comments